How to Take a Screenshot on HTC Desire X
Released as the company’s mid-range device back in October 2012, HTC Desire X stands out as one of the most prominent devices among the budget-conscious consumer group.
Apart from a slick casing and overall design, the device is powered by a solid set of internal components. If we were to crack this one open, we’d be able to locate a 1 GHz dual core CPU, along with 756 MB of RAM memory and 4 GB of storage which can be increased with another 32 GB via microSD card. The device runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system and includes a 5 MP rear camera, weighing in at a total of 114 grams (4 oz).
As far as taking screenshots on HTC Desire X goes, there are two different methods for screen capturing. Both revolve around the use of the device’s basic buttons and are fairly easy to figure out. Scroll down for detailed step-by-step guides. Before venturing forth, we’ll point out that the first step of locating and properly setting up the screen you want captured was omitted, as it pretty much goes to show without saying.
1) Press and hold the Power button and the Home key at the same time. It is crucial that the two buttons are pressed simultaneously, meaning at the same time; otherwise the command will not take effect, leaving you without your image.
2) Wait until you’ve heard the shutter sound, accompanied with a brief flash and the “Screenshot saved to Camera phone” pop-up notification. This essentially marks the procedure’s success, hence no double-checking is required.
3) Check the phone’s Gallery section, a .jpg photo will be available in the Screenshot folder.
When it comes to the second method, it also requires the use of merely two basic buttons. Procedure has pretty much the same course, with a few simple differences. Detailed guide below, the screen setup was once again omitted.
1) Press and hold the Power key and the Volume Down button at the same time. Once again, it is of utmost importance that the two keys are held simultaneously, or the procedure won’t take any effect.
2) Wait for the shutter sound followed by a notification in the phone’s upper section, once again marking the command’s success.
3) Access your screenshot by simply sliding down the given notification and then tapping on it. You can also access it by manually opening the smartphone’s Gallery section. Just as noted in the first method, the screenshot can be found within the specified Screenshots folder in standard .jpg format.
Finally, we’ll briefly focus on the buttons required for the whole procedure.So the Power button is the key located on the device’s upper side and is used for switching the screen, or the entire phone, on and off. The Home key is the button in the device’s lower middle section, while the Volume Down key is located on Desire X’s right side and is used for lowering the phone’s volume.
Check out the embedded clip for a full detailed guide to make matters crystal clear.