How to Take a Screenshot on HTC One S
As a part of the renowned One series, HTC One S was officially unveiled in late March 2012 as one of the company’s premium smartphone devices.
Powered by a 1.5 GHz dual core CPU, 1 GB of DDR2 RAM memory and 16 GB of internal storage space, the device weighs in at 119.5 grams (4.22 oz) and features 5.15 x 2.6 x 0.31 inches dimensions. It runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system and includes an 8 MP rear camera enabling 1080p HD video recording.
As far as taking screenshots goes, there is a total of two standard ways to capture any given screen. Both revolve around the use of the smartphone’s basic buttons and merely require knowing which keys to press. Both step-by-step guides are available below; however, before going any further, we’ll stress that the first step of setting up the screen you want captured was omitted, as it pretty much goes to show without saying. Now that we have that cleared up, let’s proceed to the first way.
1) Press and hold the Power key and the Home button. It is rather important that the two keys are pressed simultaneously, meaning at the same time, or the command won’t take any effect whatsoever.
2) Wait until you hear the shutter sound, along with a brief flash and the “Screenshot saved to Camera phone” notification. This basically marks the success of the entire procedure.
3) Check the device’s Gallery section, a photo in .jpg format will be available within the Screenshot folder, or section.
The second way stands out with several similarities to the first one and also focuses on the two basic keys, specifically the Power button and the Volume Down key. Detailed guide below.
1) Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down key at the same time. Once again, it’s critical that the buttons are pressed simultaneously, or the command will not take effect.
2) Wait for a shutter sound and a notification at the device’s upper section, marking the procedure’s completion.
3) Access your photo by sliding down the notification and tapping on it or by manually opening the device’s Gallery section. As in the first method, the photo can be found within the Screenshots folder in .jpg format.
Finally, just to completely clarify both methods, we’ll dedicate a paragraph to specific buttons required for taking a screenshot on HTC One S. As noted, the given buttons include the Power key, Home button and the Volume Down key. The Power button is located on the smartphone’s upper right side and is used for switching the device, or just the screen, on or off. The Home button is the middle key located in the device’s lower frontal area. Finally, the Volume Down key is the button used for lowering the phone’s sound and can be found on its upper left side, as the lower of two merged volume keys.
For additional detail on taking screenshots, check out the embedded clip via our YouTube channel